Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Attack On Titan 3D fan game mod in SL becomes big hit!

Be aware that the HUD is not sold anymore due to Copyright claims. Find more information here.

Today I discovered that there is a lot of coverage on a new game in Second Life by gamer communities and blogs: the fan game mod is called "Attack on Titan". 

This is the first time ever that I see reports about an SL game outside of the Second Life community and it's a great sign. This could mean that more people start exploring the SL platform for its gaming opportunities. Here are some quotes from blogs about the game:
It may not have an official game yet, but hot new anime "Attack on Titan" (Shingeki no Kyojin) is getting the next best tribute from its fans: a 3D game mod. Second Life builder Moeka Kohime created the mod for the "Second Life" game, including a moddable uniform and the 3D Maneuver Gear used by the anime's characters.GMANEWS
Photo by Ramona.Forcella


Second Life users can teleport to Kohime's Wall Edelweiss training ground and actually take on "decoy" titans using the iconic 3-D Maneuver Gear to propel your way around the town and locate the enemies. Once found, users can equip their twin swords (which degrade over time with use and can be replaced)  to strike the titan's only weak spot: the nape of the neck.By combining the grappling ability from Batman: Arkham City, and the unique swing mechanics from the 2004 Spiderman 2 game, the anime's 3-D Maneuver Gear could easily come to life and give players an intense, action-packed experience in defeating the terrifying colossal titans and saving humanity from destruction! GAMESKINNY
Second Life user Shamera Kohime has written an extensive review of the game on her blog:
What keeps me playing, is the promise of more free items after certain amounts of kills: a potato (haha) for 10, a series of poses for 100, the green cloak at 300 kills, and finally Mikasa's red scarf for 500 kills. I really suck at killing Titans, so I've barely gotten the first reward -- but I'm working my way up there!
A word of advice on killing Titans: if you miss, depending on how close you are, leave as fast as you can or keep hitting the target until your blade dulls... and your blades will dull fast. But hey, that's what they said happens in the series as well. The detail on the gear is amazing, and there are quite a few animations included for flying through the air, falling, landing, running, attacking, etc. I've certainly spent hours at this place just honing my Titan killing skills (I'm terrible, but lately I've been killing at least 4 before I die -- need to figure out a way to not die and I'll be set!), and this place is certainly busy all the time. Lots of players flying through the air and attacking Titans, at least we can say that if Second Life ever gets invaded, Wall Edelweiss is going to stay intact!
Photo by Kitsune Shan
I haven't tried the game myself yet but it's on top of my to-do list and I am fascinated by the great fan community. If you want to start playing, visit the Edelweiss store in SL. Just search on Youtube for "Attack on Titan" and "Second Life" and you'll get dozens of video clips. One of them is showing a new NPC enemy. I am looking forward to putting some blades into him!


3 comments:

  1. There is a fan made mobile game here

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yuniz.attackontitan

    ReplyDelete
  2. why my SL can't ? , sending to server 1 and closed , why ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The unofficial Attack on Titan created by Fenglee is better then this. http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

    ReplyDelete